Stay Beautiful No Matter Your Age
Anti-Ageing Saviours for Your Skin
Everyone’s skin is different, and pretty much determined by genetics, but whether your type is normal, dry, oily, combination or sensitive, there is one universal truth that governs us all – your skin will age and fine lines will appear and get deeper.
Sadly, no one can halt the passage of time, but there are things you can do to slow its relentless march onward – and stop it from exacting the maximum toll on your face.
However, there is also such a thing as too much intervention, which can actually do more harm than good to your looks.
So, choose wisely, and remember, you are beautiful, and sometimes all you need is a little know-how and polish to keep that natural beauty shining through.
Start as You Mean to Go On
From your teens and into your 20s, there is a tendency to feel indestructible, with time ticking on your side. Even so, there are a few basic rules that ought to be followed to protect your skin and keep it youthfully hydrated.
- Wear sunscreen. Sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems, not to mention skin cancer;
- Don't smoke. Smoking damages collagen and elastin, and narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of the skin, decreasing blood flow and depleting the skin of oxygen and nutrients;
- Be gentle. Avoid strong soaps and detergents that strip oil from the skin, pat your skin dry, and moisturise;
- Eat your greens. A diet rich in fruit and vegetables, as well as whole grains and lean proteins, can promote younger-looking skin. And drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated;
- Don’t stress about it. Your concerns are always etched on your face, so learn how to manage stress levels either through exercise or yoga or some form of counselling.
Once you have mastered this, incorporate a more advanced regime into your day, such as:
- Antioxidant serum;
- Eye cream;
- Spot treatment;
Caring for your skin in your 30s and early 40s.
As we age, collagen and elastin break down, causing our skin to become looser and more prone to wrinkling. Repetitive facial expressions, such as squinting or frowning, will also start to take their toll, leaving deeper lines around the eyes or on the forehead.
This is the stage when you need to reach for anti-ageing skin care products with active ingredients, such as retinol and hyaluronic acid, that can slow the signs of ageing. According to Medical News Today, the active ingredients to look out for include:
- Vitamin C brightens dull-looking skin and protects it from environmental damage, such as pollution, free radicals, and UV rays;
- Hyaluronic acid binds moisture to the skin giving it a plumper appearance;
- Retinoids (retinol), to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin;
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), to promote the renewal of skin cells;
- Copper peptide, which is another collagen and elastin booster.
There are also professional beauty treatments out there that can package all your skincare needs into one programme. At Neomed, we have a number of quality treatments available, tailored to suit each individual skin type as well as our guest’s specific needs and expectations. They include:
- One of our most popular treatments is our Oxygen and Vitamin C Facial Therapy. This is a fantastic facial that not only brightens, repairs and smooths the skin, but prepares the face for extreme weather conditions. As well as removing congestion, soothing dryness and repairing damage, this facial helps protect the skin from future harm by using a high concentration of oleic and linoleic acids that support the skin’s natural collagen.
- IV beauty infusions. Our vitamin infusions are formulated with powerful antioxidants that boost collagen production and aid skin regeneration. Alkalising infusions are especially great at bringing the glow back to skin and hair.
- Nano bath. This super relaxing treatment delivers deeply enriching oxygen to cells, making the nano bath a fabulous all-over skin condition therapy. Oxygen therapy via a nano bath is one of the most effective and relaxing ways to achieve rejuvenation – skin regeneration protocols that improve skin health and function at a cellular level.
- Mud wraps. Nature’s way to rejuvenate, mud therapy helps rehydrate and detoxify the skin, eliminate toxins, increase immunity levels and help fight against cellulite as well as boost the lymphatic system.
- Beauty comes from within, which is why detoxifying the body is one of the greatest gifts you can give to your face
Maintaining Your Natural Beauty After 40
By the time we reach our 40s, many of us have experienced both the best and worst of life, and we will have survived four decades of ever-increasing pollution and exposure to millions, if not billions, of toxins. And then, after all that, menopause comes along.
Symptoms of perimenopause and menopause, generally surface between the ages of 45 and 54, and as well as hot flushes, increased weight gain and anxiety, one of the other common occurrences is dry skin, liver spots, wrinkles and itchiness.
Having been born with an abundance of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, this is the time that we find these face savers in short supply. Therefore, it’s at this point that you might want to consider rejuvenating beauty treatments.
Rejuvenation is the art of increasing vitality or enhancing the Qi of the body, and Neomed’s unique therapies are designed to enhance flagging vitality, reduce toxic loads, reduce sympathetically (fight or flight) nervous system activity, reboot bodily functions, and restore the youthful glow that life often steals from us.
Among our most popular rejuvenating therapies are:
- Activated PRP. Commonly dubbed ‘Natural Botox’ or the ‘Vampire Facelift’, this therapy offers skin rejuvenation with no known side effects because the therapy uses your own blood. In short, our blood is made up of plasma, a combination of water and proteins, that carry white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. It is the platelets that work the magic in PRP as they promote healing functions within the body. Put into a centrifuge to separate it, the platelet-rich plasma is injected into areas of the face in need of regeneration. As well as improving the appearance of fine lines, PRP can also reduce scar tissue from acne;
- Laser Biorevitalisation. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is known as “nature's moisturiser” because it attracts and retains water. Via laser biorevitalisation, we open the skin’s pores to allow HA to enter collagen and elastin-producing cells so that the skin can better retain moisture. As well as reducing wrinkles, the procedure has a general lifting effect on the skin;
- Skin Needling. Microneedling involves pricking the skin with tiny, sterilised needles, creating small wounds that trick the body into making collagen and elastin in order to heal the skin – something that also helps you look younger in the process. As well as reducing fine lines and wrinkles, microneedling is beneficial for acne scars; sun damage; sagging skin; large pores; stretch marks; rosacea; and acne. Microneedling also improves the effectiveness of topical products, with results comparable to laser and chemical peel treatments, but with fewer side effects. The procedure usually takes between 10 and 20 minutes with four to six treatments recommended for optimum results.